Thursday, October 24, 2013

Review: MuzzleShots


I've been unwell recently, mostly I think, due to a bout of bad water I had when I went camping last weekend. If only I had unpacked and used my LifeStraw ... As a result I've been slow on the content here. Remember folks, bad water and associated disease account for an estimated 4.1% of the total DALY global burden of disease, and cause about 1.8 million human deaths annually. The World Health Organization estimates that 88% of that burden is attributable to unsafe water supply, sanitation and hygiene.


Which is why I thoroughly endorse  fermentation and distillation of alcohols for drinking and disinfection purposes! Contrary to popular uni-student-household myth, shot glasses are not indestructible,  so I asked myself, what was the most rugged way to drink my fortified beverages, and carry with me on my gear?

The grey, anodized aluminum MuzzleShot shot glass styled after the M16 A2 flash hider was the perfect addition to my collection of both shot glasses, AND tacti-cool kit. They are rugged, with smooth lines.

They even fit in my Platatac 40mm grenade pouches which gives me an extra tacticool-option for deploying them.

With a 44ml (1.5oz) capacity, these are bigger than the standard drink measure in Australia, but for recreational use, I don't think anyone will mind too much (drink responsibly). Flameproof
and slamproof we're talking serious drinking hardware here.

The anodizing is food-grade, but it is not recommended that these be run through a dishwasher.  I really like them, especially their design, texture and heft. This is a "glass" that will be with you a very long time!

If you need something bigger for your beverage, there is always the BattleMug ....

Muzzleshot Shot Glasses
Click the picture to go to ThinkGeek's store

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...