Thursday, March 7, 2013

Review: EcoFuture - Aqua Prove

So, full disclosure, following on from my review of EcoFuture's Organic hand-cleanser and Biodefence Athletic Foot spray they asked me to work as a consultant for them, and advise them on their documentation and product specifications. I was delighted to be on-board, and looking forwards to working more with them on upcoming projects. I'm not, however, being paid to blog, or review their products, but when cool new things come my way that I think have something to bring to the field of being Apocalypse Equipped, I'll bring it.
Microbial water contamination is a big deal, and anyone who has traveled in the developing world can tell you, it can be very un-fun. When sophisticated modern water treatment is out of your reach, having a reliable alternative treatment method is key.

This kit offers one method, utilising Chlorine dioxide as a bactericide, anti-viral and protozoal cyst killing agent, which works by oxidising and disrupting the cell membrane, cell wall and proteins of these microorganisms, whilst being safe to humans, and leaving no environmentally harmful residues.

It produces 0.2% aqueous ClO2 in a pouch/pocket sized bottle, from a single capsule into the dropper bottle. Once dissolved, 4 - 8 drops to 1L (32Oz) of water, left standing for 5 minutes, should be sufficient to treat most water safely.

It is packaged in a sufficient quantity to purify 250L (66gal) of water, and in a bottle small enough to include in ones on-flight baggage. This is a really great idea, and from my testing, adds no noticeable taste to the water in my Nalgene, my SIGG or my hydration bladders, unlike iodine tablets.

I've splashed some drops around in my bottles empty, when I've thought they might be a bit "on-the-nose" or slimey inside, and they have come back really well, no stains or marks, and better still, no more stink.

When I head away from regular treated water, either adventuring, traveling, or off-grid, I'll be glad of this, to keep me regular, in a good way.




2 comments:

  1. I have used this and it's great. However, can you buy it in singles as the website sells it in packs of 10 for $69 which is more than I want to pay. Does it have a long shelf life before you have put in the tablet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used this and it's great. However, can you buy it in singles as the website sells it in packs of 10 for $69 which is more than I want to pay. Does it have a long shelf life before you have put in the tablet?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...